Got the bug for cycling, but want to find out where else you can cycle? Visit Cycle Devon for route advice and downloadable cycle maps. You can also find out about local cycle clubs in the area or forthcoming cycle events or new route developments.
Want to feel more confident cycling? Devon County Council offers FREE cycle training for children and adults. You can find out more about canoeing in the local area from the Exeter Canoe Loops site.
We only hire boats, we don't sell them! But these local companies do:
- AS Watersports - canoe, kayak and watersports equipment shop just across the river from us on Piazza Terracina
- Kayaks & Paddles - large canoe and kayak store in Plymouth
If you’re interested in guided canoe or kayak trips, or British Canoe Union courses, the following organisations run regular courses:
There are also local clubs to help you get out on the water more:
The Friends of Exeter Ship Canal is a local group for anyone who values and wants to protect Exeter's historic waterway. Join them and help to look after Britain's oldest pound-lock canal!
We actively support the #PlasticFreeExeter campaign - find out more about how you can get involved to reduce plastic in your life and the local environment. We regularly support litter pick events along the river and canal to reduce the impact our customers have on our local area.
Local tourist information / accommodation:
- Visit Devon - tourist information for the whole county
- Visit Exeter - official tourism site for Exeter
- Helpful Holidays - offering self catering cottages across the West Country
- Leadstone Camping - traditional uncommercialised campsite in an outstanding setting near Dawlish Warren beach
- Devon Cliffs Caravan Holiday Park by Haven, at Sandy Bay near Exmouth
We're thrilled to be featured in this blog by Parkdean - the UK Holiday Park company - who have recommended us for things to do in the South West.