Supporting the Local Economy
As a small independent trader ourselves, we understand the importance of supporting local businesses, to keep Devon a vibrant and thriving place to live, work and visit. We are a member of the Federation of Small Businesses and are proud of our local connections. We want you to shop locally, so we do too. Here are some examples of how we support other local businesses:
- We use our neighbouring cafés, pubs and restaurants for our own catering needs
- Our water is supplied by Pure Dartmoor Water rather than a national chain
- Our canoes and kayaks are supplied and maintained by AS Watersports, across the river from us on Piazza Terracina
- And when we need new wooden seats on our canoes, or maybe to borrow some tools, our neighbouring craft shops Goodwood Cellars and The Fire Trees are always happy to help
- Our buoyancy aids and paddles are supplied by Bridger Marine Ltd
- Our leaflets and other promotional material is produced by Exe Valley Design & Print, a short bike ride away on Marsh Barton
- We refill everyday items such as washing up liquid and hand wash from Exeter's zero waste shops
- We work closely with other outdoor activity providers, including Haven Banks, The Bike Bus and Forest Cycle Hire
- We are long time members of several local tourism partnerships: Visit Exeter, Visit Devon and Visit South Devon.
- We also work closely with other local bike shops because we believe business is better together.